There are many people who prefer to do their own interior design, and the benefit of doing your very own interior decoration is that you can create your home to look exactly how you want it.
You can also end up investing a lot less money if you pick the decor yourself, and a little bit of creative skill can truly go a long way in your interior design.
Below are some suggestions for you if you are thinking about doing your very own interior decoration for your brand new home:.
1. Stick to easy when you’re just getting started. Begin just by deciding what color of walls you desire, and you must attempt to keep the walls as plain and easy as possible. Many individuals clutter up their walls with a number of painting and portraits, however a minimalistic interior design can typically be more attractive than a busy one.
2. When spending money on furnishings, make sure that you determine the square footage size and shape of the rooms. If you know the measurements of your room, shopping for decor and furniture becomes much easier. Plus, you can also avoid expensive mistakes.
3. You can typically mix styles, such as sophisticated artwork with modern furnishings or Asian trim with an antique art works and designs. Experiment with incorporating different designs to see which match your style and personality.
4. If you wish to make a plain space look a little bit more sophisticated, use wainscoting, walls and molding to include style to the space. Don’t forget wall art and plants – or combine the two to make living vertical gardens that can grow indoors. You can even make your own vertical plant “art”.
5. Mirrors constantly make a space look larger than it actually is, and you can include a number of mirrors to provide the room depth.
6. Certain colors can help you add a specific feel to a space. White and light colors make a space feel large, airy, and bright, while deeper colors make the space feel more compact.
7. You can utilize a dual color design to provide the space a colorful look. Use wainscoting around the middle of the room to divide your room into 2 areas that can be painted. Use a dark color on the bottom area and a lighter color on the leading area, however ensure to utilize two colors that contrast nicely.
8. When you are trying to choose exactly what color to paint your wall, why not brush a few strokes of your colors on your wall and let the paint sit for a few days. Let your eyes get used to seeing the colors and you will discover that you are brought in to one certain color.
9. Attempt to use softer colors when painting rooms and living spaces, as glaring colors typically hurt your eyes if you spend a lot of time in the particular room.
10. When installing photos and frames, ensure that you hang them at the level of your eyes. Positioning them too high up on your walls merely makes your room appear shorter and the ceiling appear too reduced.
11. Throw down some rugs to include a homey feeling to particular rooms in your home. A good rug will make your space feel much cozier and less harsh if your floors are wooden or of marble.
Amy Hendricks of InflataSpa says, “Classy accessories go a long way in dressing up cheap or ‘blah’ furniture. For example, inflatable hot tubs usually have no style to them when standing alone – it’s only after plants, benches and canopies are added that they transform into a mini spa vacation.”
Start off simply by deciding exactly what color of walls you desire, and you need to attempt to keep the walls as simple and plain as possible.- You can utilize a dual color style to give the space a colorful appearance. Use wainscoting around the middle of the room to divide your room into two sections that can be painted. Use a dark color on the bottom section and a lighter color on the leading area, however make sure to use 2 colors that contrast well.